The Four Courts - Open House Dublin 2024

The Four Courts

Four Courts, Inns Quay, Smithfield, Dublin 7

Dates & Times
  • Saturday 14th October:
  • 12pm, 1pm, 2pm – 
Tour type
  • Building Tour

The Four Courts has been at the epicentre of the legal system since the first case was heard in November 1796.

Built on the original 13th Century site of a Dominican Friary garden, which would later become the old Kings Inns, the present Four Courts emerged in the 20 years between 1776 and 1796.  The work of architects Thomas Cooley and James Gandon, they were originally designed to bring together the various offices of the Courts and legal records which were at the time dispersed among a variety of locations.

In the years since, the life of the Four Courts has paralleled that of the nation.

Bookings open only for ISL (Irish Sign Language) Tour – Saturday 14th at 12.30pm.

Meeting point: public entrance on Inns Quay

Accessibility Information

While there is general wheelchair access and toilet facilities, some areas may be difficult to access as the OPW are carrying out refurbishment works

Photography Credit
© Staff


Book Now



Want to stay informed? Sign up for the IAF newsletter