Explore Dublin Civic Trust’s newly restored merchant shop house in the historic centre of the city – winner of the prestigious European Heritage Award/Europa Nostra Award 2021.
18 Ormond Quay Upper is a handsome Dublin street building that has been carefully restored to its original 1840s appearance with living accommodation above a traditional ground floor shop. Learn about the conservation process and experience its authentically wallpapered rooms and sweeping views of the River Liffey.
Dublin Civic Trust is an independent charitable body that works to conserve and create awareness about Dublin’s built heritage.
Tours at 10am, 11am, 12am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
- 18 Ormond Quay is a four-storey traditional building with stair access only to the upper floors;
- Entrance: One step, wheelchair accessible with assistance to ground floor only;
- This building has no lift and no accessible bathroom;
- No parking or accessible parking nearby;
- Nearest cycle parking located on Capel Street. General poles outside the building.
- Public transport: Bus stop almost outside the building on Ormond Quay Upper. Luas to the rear at Four Courts stop, three minutes’ walking distance. Dublin bikes station at 1 Ormond Quay Upper at the corner with Capel Street.