St Andrew’s Resource Centre - Open House Dublin 2022
Building Tour

St Andrew’s Resource Centre

St Andrews Resource Centre, Pearse Street, City Quay, Dublin
Tour Dates & Times
  • Sunday 16 October:
  • 12.30pm – 1.15pm |
  • 1.30pm – 2.15pm |
  • 2.30pm – 3.15pm |
  • 3.30pm – 4.15pm
Façade of Victorian building with brown and red bricks with road on the forefront Model of Gasometer built to scale from original pieces of old Gasometer Wooden book shelf with set of Roll books from 1895-1976

St. Andrew’s School first opened its doors in 1895, catering for the boys of Westland Row Parish. At that time over 4500 children were attending National Schools in the area. The school finally closed its doors in 1976 due mainly to the rapid decline in local industry and the demise of the working docks.

In 1985, the Dublin Archdiocese made the building available to the Social Service Centre to be redeveloped as a Resource Centre for the parishes of Westland Row/City Quay. A major renovation programme ( 1986-1989 ) funded with the assistance of the Department of the Environment, Eastern Health Board, FAS and extensive local fundraising developed a totally refurbished centre with over 18000 square feet of accommodation. This includes Office Space, Meeting Rooms, Training Rooms, Youth Service, Adult Education, Job Centre, Welfare Rights & Information, Social Service Centre, Childcare Centre, Computer Training Centre, Cyber Café, Day Centre for the Elderly, Main Hall, Outdoor Play Area, Outdoor Facilities and a Community Employment Programme.

Tour of former National School and viewing of a range of exhibitions depicting the changes in the area over many years.

No booking required.

Accessibility Information

The building is accessible to all on ground floor, which forms part of the tour. First floor is not wheelchair accessible.

There are no steps or barriers to access the building.

Accessible Toilets, Assistance Dogs welcome

Photography Credit
© Richie Kelly




Want to stay informed? Sign up for the IAF newsletter