This historic flat is part of the Iveagh Trust complex. Uniquely it has been retained in its original condition at the expressed wish of the late tenant, Nellie Molloy. In 1907, Henry and Anne Jane Molloy returned to Ireland from Scotland and obtained accommodation with the Trust, first residing in 4 and 5B, before settling in 3B, a three-room flat, from June 1915, at a rate of 5 shillings and six pence a week. Nellie was born on the 4th of October 1907, one of six children – four girls and two boys. Her siblings were Thomas Joseph (born 1905), Mary Catherine (born 1909), Anne Jane (born 1911) and Henry John (born 1921). The flat was converted into a museum following Nellie’s death in 2002.

Share