Built in the early 19th century on the instruction of owner George Bustard, the Residence was purchased by the French Government in 1930 to host the French Ambassador and his family in Ireland. Formerly known as Mytilene, with a granite balustrade and wide steps leading to the pillared front entrance. The house is clad in white bricks with contrasting elements in black brick, wrapped by an ornamental rosette frieze beneath the parapet.