A visit to Trinity College would not be complete without visiting the Old Library and the beautiful 18th century Long Room filled with 200,000 of the library’s oldest books in oak bookcases. Today it has over 6 million printed volumes with extensive collections of journals, manuscripts, maps and music reflecting over 400 years of academic development. The most famous of its manuscripts, the Book of Kells and the Book of Durrow, were presented by Henry Jones, Bishop of Meath and former vice-chancellor of the University, in the 1660s. Other special collections include the Usher Collection acquired in 1661 and the Fagel Collection of 1802.
Tours at 11am and 3pm
Pre-book only. Booking open 28th September. Check back here!
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Suitable for Children
- Assistance Dogs Welcome