Marlay House attained its current name when Thomas Taylor sold The Grange Estate, as it was then known, to David La Touche in 1764. La Touche was the first governor of the Bank of Ireland and renamed the property in honour of his wife Elizabeth Marlay. The most recent private owner was Philip Love, who donated the property to Dublin City Council in 1972. The house currently features a mixture of styles including Georgian elements in the central section of the main house, such as plasterwork attributed to Michael Stapleton. Some sections had to be rebuilt by DCC in the 1990s. The current custodians, DLR CoCo, lease the courtyard studios to numerous crafts people and regularly hold markets.
Please note this is an outdoor tour of Marlay Park House Courtyard. This tour won’t include the inside of the building.
Tours at 11am, 12.30pm and 2.30pm
Outside walking tour on uneven paths around Marlay Courtyard which could be doable but difficult at times for wheelchair users.