Kilmainham Courthouse

William Farrell , 1820 /
Inchicore Road, Dublin 8
Saturday, 11am—12pm
Photo: Kilmainham Courthouse

Designed by architect William Farrell, Kilmainham Courthouse opened in 1820 and served as a courthouse until 2008. It was a Sessions House for the Dublin Grand Jury, but it also fulfilled many of the functions of a county hall. Later in the 20 century the courthouse was used as a District Court, Family Law Court and the Headquarters of Dublin County Library. After its closure in 2008, the building was renovated by the Office of Public Works. As part of this project the main courtroom was restored and the former coach houses converted as outhouse buildings. In 2016, the Courthouse reopened as the Kilmainham Gaol Museum Visitor Centre.

Tour Info

This is a Pre-Book event and places must be booked by contacting kilmainhamgaol@opw.ie

Notes

  • Suitable for Children
  • Pre-Book

More OHD Nearby

Irish National War Memorial Gardens

1939

Magazine Fort

John Corneille, 1736