No. 45 Merrion Square, the home of the Irish Architectural Archive, is one of the great Georgian houses of Dublin. Built for the speculative developer Gustavus Hume in the mid-1790s and situated directly across Merrion Square from Leinster House, this is the largest terraced house on the Square and is the centrepiece of its East Side. It has a double frontage of red brick and a fine Doric door case. Divided into two separate dwellings in 1829, the house was restored to its original plan by the Office of Public Works in 2004. These works included the refurbishment of the historic fabric and the construction of new state-of-the-art passive archival stores to the rear.
Tours every hour from 10am – 4pm
Pre-book. Booking opens 28th September. Check back here!
- There are 4 steps to access the building.
- Wheelchair access at the rear of the building can be available if required in advance
- Lifts available.
- Accessible bathrooms available.
- Closest parking is on Merrion Square.
- Nearest bus stop at Merrion Square N (bus routes 4, 7, 25, 26, 27X, 66, 67, 120)
- Wheelchair Accessible.