Following an architectural competition held in 1935, J.R. Boyd Barrett was selected to design the building for the then Department of Industry and Commerce. For over 70 years it remained the only bespoke government department headquarters building in the country. Today the building accommodates staff of the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and, the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht. The two main keystones as well as the two courtyard keystones, and other significant panels were sculpted by Gabriel Hayes.

Share