Renovation and extension of a 1950’s semidetached house where the new elements are expressed, internally and externally, as a continuous twisting brick ribbon wrapping around and supporting the original structure to form, at ground floor, a new kitchen, dining and a sunken living area, defined by a polished concrete datum, and a new master bedroom and en-suite at first floor. The new accommodation is arranged around a large double height space which along with a series of perforated brick screens draws dappled daylight deep into the heart of the house.

Share