The City Assembly House, located on historic South William Street in Dublin’s South Georgian Core, was built between 1765-71 by the Society of Artists in Ireland, as the first public exhibition gallery in Ireland and Britain. The octagonal gallery on Coppinger Row can be seen on Scalé’s map of Dublin, 1772. The Irish Georgian Society restored the building, returning it to its original use as an exhibition space and reopened it to the public in June 2018.

Share