REACTION TO PLACE connects world renowned Irish contemporary dance company, CoisCéim, with architect Jenny O’Leary (H O W F F), in a design project that harnesses the rich heritage and embodied energy of 42 Fairview Strand to develop and present a blueprint for its evolution into a self-sustaining space where dance can thrive. CoisCéim has a history of creating site-responsive work, where environments inform the performance.
In this provocative exposition, their new home on Fairview Strand is the protagonist, telling a story of lifetimes lived, and presenting a dreamed vision of the future. Using an artistic process and exhibition to define the brief, A REACTION TO PLACE presents an unconventional approach to the conceptual design of buildings. A member of the RIAI, Jenny O’Leary’s practice is rooted in “an architecture that accentuates a connection to place where human society is integral to and a component of nature”.
Visit slots at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm ,5pm, 6pm
- There are no steps to enter the building. Once inside, there is a half height step to enter the room with the exhibition. A 4 foot telescopic channel wheelchair ramp is available for use.
- Public access is limited to the first floor of the building.
- There are 2 toilet stalls available for use. One toilet stall is large enough to accommodate a wheelchair however it is not yet equipped with accessibility infrastructure.
- Paid parking is available in the church across the street. No on site parking is available.
- Limited cycle parking on railings on site.
- The nearest bus stop is a 1 minute walk (Bus 123)
- Wheelchair Accessible.