Number Nine is the re-imagining of two dilapidated Georgian houses in the heart of the city. This project involved combining the upper floors of both houses to create a large three storey apartment with adjoining roof garden. This innovative design shows how good quality living space can be created from the under-utilised and abandoned upper floors of Dublin’s older stock. Originally built in 1815, these two houses had spent time as tenements, offices and a bank before being abandoned. In this project DMVF Architects retained much of the original features and volumes while introducing a series of sensitive and modern interventions. A dialogue is created between old and new which allows the contemporary to sit comfortably alongside the historic.

Share