Photo: Lisa Moyles
The Richmond Education and Event Centre
✔Log in to create a list
Sunday 14 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
The Richmond Education & Event Centre was opened on the 20th April 2018, following an extensive refurbishment, following its purchase by the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation in 2013. The building was originally opened on the 20th April 1901 as The Richmond Surgical Hospital and remained open as a hospital until 1987, when patients from The Richmond and Jervis Street were moved to Beaumont Hospital. It after became a business centre and then a Court House for a number of years, there are still 3 cells in the basement. This red brick english renaissance style building has three floors and is U-shaped overlooking a central courtyard and fountain. It is built on the site of benedictine convent dating back to 1688. The building has meeting rooms, offices, four large former wards (auditorium, lecture room, banqueting room, victorian tea room). The tour will include the ground floor, first floor (except offices) and part of the basement.
First-come basis: Just turn up and look out for Open House Dublin volunteers. Wheelchair accessible.
Designed by: Carroll and Batchelor 1901 & Refurblishment by Kavanagh Tuite 2016
Building Date: 1901/Referubishment 2016
Location: No. 1 North Brunswick St, Dublin 7