Photo: Eugene Langan
The Iveagh Trust
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 14 October, 11.00am – 4.00pm
Sunday 15 October, 12.00pm – 4.00pm
This historic flat is part of the Iveagh Trust complex. Uniquely it has been retained in its original condition at the expressed wish of the late tenant, Nellie Molloy. In 1907, Henry and Anne Jane Molloy returned to Ireland from Scotland and obtained accommodation with the Trust, first residing in 4 and 5 B, before settling in 3B, a three-room flat, from June 1915, at a rate of 5 shillings and six pence a week. Nellie was born on the 4th of October 1907, one of six children- four girls and two boys. Her siblings were Thomas Joseph (born 1905), Mary Catherine (born 1909), Anne Jane (born 1911) and Henry John (born 1921). The flat was converted into a museum following Nellie's death in 2002.
First-come basis: Just turn up and look out for Open House Dublin volunteers. The last tour of this building will be at 3:30pm both Saturday and Sunday. This tour is not suitable for children. Photography is not allowed on this tour.
Designed by: McDonnell & Reid, Joseph & Smithem
Building Date: 1903
Location: 3B Iveagh Trust, Patrick Street, Dublin 8