Photo: Richie Kelly
St. Andrew’s Resource Centre (Formally St. Andrew’s National School)
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 13 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
Sunday 14 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
St. Andrew's School first opened its doors in 1895, catering for the boys of Westland Row Parish. The school finally closed its doors in 1976 due mainly to the rapid decline in local industry and the demise of the working docks.
In 1985, the Dublin Archdiocese made the building available to the Social Service Centre to be redeveloped as a Resource Centre for the parishes of Westland Row/City Quay. A major renovation programme in 1986-1989 funded with the assistance of the Department of the Environment, Eastern Health Board, FAS and extensive local fundraising developed a totally refurbished centre with over 18,000 square feet of accommodation was formally opened by the then President Hillery, on Bloomsday 16th June 1989.