Photo: Brendan Dalton
✔Log in to create a list
Sunday 15 October, 1.10pm – 4.00pm
The Building is a two storey Cottage type detached six room structure with a central bow to the south elevation. It is part of the estate of Marley House, now a public park, managed by Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Originally a thatched Cottage Ornée (c.1790) for the use of the family, it was remodelled with a slate roof increasing the rooms on the first floor by the Tedcastle family in 1870 to its current arts and crafts form. It was then used as a staff residence until the sale of the estate to Dublin City Council. The building was unused for almost fifty years, until renovations by the Architecture and Culture department of DLRCC commenced in 2013. The original building was part of the period where David LaTouche, grandson of the original founders of LaTouche Bank was the estate owner.
First-come basis: Just turn up and look out for Open House Dublin volunteers. Tours starting at 1:10pm and 3:10pm on Sunday.
Designed by: Original architects unknown, Restored by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Architect's Department
Building Date: C. 1790, 1875 & 2013
Location: Laurelmere Cottage, Marlay Park, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin