Photo: Courtesy of the Dún Laoghaire Harbour Company
✔Log in to create a list
Sunday 15 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
The Harbour Lodge was built by George Smith, a stone contractor, in 1820. The Lodge reflects in its appearance the robustness and sturdiness of its granite facade which contrasts with the exuberance of its more recent neighbour Town Hall, faced with a softer warmer stone. The Clock Tower, a two storey sculpture, is made up of brown brick work with granite dressing. The property originally comprised of a Dining room, drawing room, hall, maids room, kitchen and scullery. The property was restored and extended in 2007 adding an additional 7 rooms on to the rear of the property in the yard behind.