Photo: Courtesy of the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 14 October, 11.00am – 5.00pm
Designed as part of an architectural competition in 1935 the building is the first Department headquarters built by the new State and was for decades the only bespoke Government headquarters in the State. The building is an example of classical Art Deco with base reliefs and carvings by Gabriel Hayes, who was also responsible for the carving of the Three Graces on the College of Catering, Cathal Brugha Street as well as the decimal 1/2p, 1p and 2p coins. The building is now in its 75th year of continuous use and currently houses the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and the Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.