menu
The Physical Laboratory, Fitzgerald Building

Photo: TCD Art Collection

The Physical Laboratory, Fitzgerald Building

Log in to create a list

Sunday 16 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm

G. F. Fitzgerald, a physicist famous in relativity theory and professor of the School of Physics, campaigned for a dedicated Physics Building for Trinity College Dublin. It was the first purpose-built physics laboratory in Ireland and is complete with a striking Venetian window, lighting up the stair hall. Tours include the Fitzgerald library and Shrödinger lecture theatre.

First-come basis: Just turn up and look out for Open House Dublin volunteers.

Designed by: William C. Marshall
Building Date: 1905
Location: School of Physics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2