Photo: Victoria Kearney
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 15 October, 11.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 16 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
The existing 3 buildings were formerly composed of a gymnasium and 2 recreation rooms, built to distract the men in the barracks during leisure time thereby avoiding the troublesome distractions outside the walls. These buildings have now been refurbished by architects Blackwood Associates & Margaret Quinlan Architects to host a multi-media Exhibition Centre commemorating the 1916 Rising which reflects the rich architectural heritage associated with Richmond Barracks from British Army barracks to social housing and CBS School.