Photo: Barry Mason
Law Society of Ireland
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 15 October, 11.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 16 October, 12.00pm – 5.00pm
The last of Dublin’s Palladian public buildings, the granite and Portland stone Blue Coat School replaced earlier premises, which had been established by King Charles II in 1671 to care for the sons of impoverished citizens. Construction began in 1773 to designs by Thomas Ivory, however issues with funding led to a reduced building programme and Mr. Ivory’s departure. In 1894, a copper-clad cupola, designed by Robert Stirling was added. Today, the building is home to the Law Society of Ireland who have taken great care to retain many fine interior features.