Photo: Hannah Pinkheard
Green Street Court House
✔Log in to create a list
Saturday 15 October, 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Green Street Courthouse first opened on 10 January 1797. It was designed by Whitmore Davis, a pupil and colleague of Thomas Cooley. The double height courtroom features skylights, plaster ceiling mouldings and cornice. The space includes timber paneled benches, galleries, judge's bench and canopy. In 1803, Irish nationalist, Robert Emmett, was tried in Green Street Courthouse. He was later hanged, drawn and quartered in Thomas St.