It’s a busy weekend, with plenty of things to see and do.
So to make sure you get the most out of the festival, here are some top tips for your Open House Dublin (OHD) weekend:
1. Study the programme – full details are available here, on our website, but if you're out and about why not grab a copy of October’s Totally Dublin to get the OHD pull-out programme. Otherwise pop into the OHD Info Hub based in the new IAF HQ, 15 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, where maps will be available from the 12 September (while they last!)
2. Keep up-to-date – news, updates, tour info and details will be constantly posted on our Facebook page, Twitter feed and this website right here. Make sure to check in every now and then to avoid missing out.
3. Dublin Bus is this year’s OHD Transport Partner, so why not leave those cars at home?
4. What about the kids? Check out our Open House Junior events.
5. For something a bit different, take a look at our Open House Plus programme, which includes walking, cycling and bus tours, exhibitions and performances that expand the Open House Dublin experience beyond the buildings.
6. Get snap happy – OHD is running a photo competition on Instagram. We want to see how you enjoy the OHD weekend, from all the buildings you see to the people you meet.
7. Have a break – we have some great hospitality partners who, upon showing your OHD map or Totally Dublin pull-out programme, will be delighted to provide you with some tasty discounts. Yum Yum…
8. We’re here to help – all OHD volunteers and guides are graciously giving up their time in order for OHD to be a fantastic success, so please be patient and expect queues.
9. Help us, help you – please fill out our survey. We want to continue to deliver the best possible OHD every year. Give us your feedback and we’ll do just that.
10. Enjoy the Open House experience all year round - Keep the doors of Dublin open to you. Become a member of the IAF and enjoy exclusive access to buildings and tours across Dublin throughout the year. Head to the IAF website to find out more HERE